USING YOUR STAFF TO CLEAN YOUR RESTAURANT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY
Many Restaurants use their staff, maybe a dishwasher or buss person to clean their Restaurant. The thought process is that it will save the Owner, Chef or General Manager money. This belief system is usually based upon the thought process that by using direct labor the costs will be less than using an outside contractor. Let’s examine why this may not be the case:
- Often the Owner or Manager only looks at the hourly wage. They do not look at the load factor that is attached to that wage (payroll taxes i.e. social security etc.)
- They also do not add in the cost associated with benefits, vacations or sick time.
- Often the Restaurants management has to get involved in the supervision of the cleaning employees to make sure the Restaurant is cleaned properly. This takes management away from doing what they need to do to run the Restaurant effectively. So there is a direct cost for management if they help oversee the in house cleaners and then there is also the opportunity cost.
- It is very difficult for an employee that has already put in a regular shift at the Restaurant (i.e. the dishwasher), to then clean the facility properly. This can result in subpar cleaning which could cost the Restaurant revenues.
So as you can see, there is often a much greater cost of cleaning your Restaurant then you think. Let’s look at an example:
You employ (2) workers to clean your Restaurant nightly. It takes them (4) man-hours to clean your Restaurant properly. That is a total of (56) hours of labor per week. If the workers make $10.00 per hour, the cost per week is as follows:
- Weekly Wage- $560.00
- Load Factor- 196.00 (35%)
- Chemicals and supplies- $60.00
That totals $816.00 a week. This cost can go up significantly more if you then add in the Restaurant’s management time.
BIG HAPPY!!!! IS THERE A BETTER WAY?
Absolutely, many Restaurants do not understand how hiring a company like Tru-shine Cleaning service can actually save them time and money. Tru-Shine Cleaning Services has been cleaning Restaurants for over two years.
Tru-Shine Cleaning Services has developed systems that allow for cleaning a customer’s Restaurant in the least amount of time, thus saving its customers time and money!
IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!!
When you contact Tru-Shine Cleaning Service it becomes all about you. First, we find out what your needs are, then we tailor a customer Cleaning program that will meet all of your needs!